WINDIGO PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOC., INC: Windigo Lake Aquatic Plant Survey & Aquatic Plant Management Plan
The Windigo Lake Property Owners Association (sponsor) will conduct an Aquatic Plant Survey and develop an Aquatic Plant Management Plan (APM) for Windigo Lake. At the present time Windigo Lake is aquatic invasive species (AIS) free. The association desires an approved APM Plan to address the management of aquatic plants and especially how to prevent AIS from becoming established in the lake.
Project goals include (APM Plan): 1) Develop an APM Plan for Windigo Lake to guide future management actions; 2) Conduct a point-intercept aquatic plant study to establish a baseline; 3) Educate lake residents about AIS activities and control options; 4) Implement a Clean Boats Clean Waters (CBCW) Program; 5) Train shoreline volunteer monitors for AIS.
Aquatic Invasives Education
- Aquatic Plant Monitoring or Survey
- Shoreland Monitoring, Assessment, Inventory
- Train Volunteers to Monitor Lakes for Invasive Species
- Watercraft Inspections Clean Boats, Clean Waters
- Aquatic Plant Management Plan
- Educate and engage residents
Windigo Lake Property Owners Association