LAKE NOKOMIS CONCERNED CITIZEN'S INC.: Eurasian Water Milfoil Control
Lake Nokomis Concerned Citizens Association will sponsor a project involving the chemical treatment of eurasian water-milfoil in Nokomis and Bridge Lakes (with the bay near the boat landing receiving priority). LNCC has been actively disseminating information to local property owners on the dangers of aquatic invasive species and prevention and control techniques. LNCC will also apply for a lake management planning grant to develop an aquatic plant management plan, to include a maintenance plan for continued treatment of EWM, during the 2005-2006 grant cycle.
1) Pioneer beds of eurasian water-milfoil will be chemically treated in accordance with provisions of the chemical control permit issued by the Department.
2) Pre and post treatment surveys (for known and unknown areas of infestation), mapping the location and densities of EWM, will be conducted.
3) A final report will be made available to the DNR, Oneida and Lincoln County Land Conservation Depts., local lake associations, districts, and media.
Aquatic Invasives Early Detection and Response
- Monitor Pre and Post Treatment
- Map Invasive Species
- Monitor Invasive Species
- Aquatic Plant Monitoring or Survey
Lake Nokomis Concerned Citizens Inc