Clean Boats, Clean Waters
Vilas County volunteers participating in the Landing Blitz
You may have noticed Clean Boats, Clean Waters volunteers checking boats at a local
boat landing, or maybe you are a volunteer or are interested in learning more. Clean
Boats, Clean Waters includes teams of volunteers, as well as some paid staff from
the DNR, Sea Grant and other organizations. Boat inspectors help perform boat and
trailer checks, disseminate informational brochures and educate boaters on how to
prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species.
The University of Wisconsin Extension (UWEX) conducts trainings for new boat inspectors
and coordinates the volunteer efforts. The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
(DNR) maintains a statewide database, which contains tallies of information tracked
at landings. Be sure to visit the UWEX
Web Site [exit DNR] for the handbook, forms,
publications, schedule of workshops, and general information about Clean Boats,
Graphs and DataGraphs and data
by county, project and boat landing are available and updated daily.
Clean Boats Clean Waters Grants Just Got Easier!
If you are an eligible grant sponsor looking for grant funding to help finance a
basic Clean Boats Clean Water landing inspection program, we have developed a simplified
process for you. For more information:
- Fact Sheet - Clean Boats Clean
- Blog Entry - Granting Assistance with Aquatic Invasive Species Problems (December
- Application Form - Clean Boats
Clean Waters Project Funding Request & Agreement (Form 8700-337)
Warning: Many current browsers do not open PDF forms properly:
- From a desktop computer, download the PDF form (right-click on the link, then select "Save link as" or "Save target as")
- Make a note of the file location and file name so you can access the file from your device.
- Do not double-click the file. Open the Adobe Reader software then select "File > Open" then browse to the PDF file you saved on your device.
See PDF Help
for additional information.