PurposeSawyer Co. with Sawyer Co. Lakes Forum, LCO Conservation Dept., and LCO Extension is sponsoring a countywide AIS project and position. Activities include: education/outreach at public events and lake meetings; baseline monitoring and mapping of Eurasian watermilfoil (EWM), purple loosestrife, flowering rush and curly-leaf pondweed; implementing Clean Boats Clean Waters (CBCW) watercraft inspection program; developing prevention and AIS plans, including grant assistance; providing technical support for rapid response projects.
If a new AIS infestation is found, the Coordinator, County and respective lake group will develop a rapid response plan and/or an AIS plan.
1.Report/assessment of education/outreach activities, monitoring activities, and data collected; including a description of the extent of AIS in the county, detail on control measures, prevention and AIS plans, and the information in 2-9, examples of materials developed.
2. Baseline data (species, GPS locations, estimated infestation size) and GIS maps of current EWM, purple loosestrife, flowering rush and curly-leaf pondweed locations, and additional AIS infestations documented during the project.
3. Prioritized list of boat landings for watercraft inspection and explanation of how priorities were developed.
4. CBCW data collection summary required as part of the CBCW program. Data must be entered in the statewide database to be eligible for grant reimbursement.
5. County-wide resource list, including lake contacts, monitors, volunteers, etc.
6. Individual waterbody prevention plans and established infestation management plans.
7. Powerpoint education program on AIS identification, prevention, and control specific to Sawyer Co.
A draft report/deliverables must be submitted to the regional Lake Coordinator for review before finalization.
Related ReportsRun Project Summary ReportView Umbrella-ProjectsView Related-Projects
Aquatic Invasives Grant
Aquatic Invasives Education
AEPP-027-06Sawyer County AIS Coordinator
Watercraft Inspections Clean Boats, Clean Waters