LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

Search reference guide
a-z index
Go to online system
submit ITA/App & upload docs
Find forms & pubs
Read E-Bulletin
for latest news
Contact information
For CWFP & SDWLP information, contact:
Environmental Loans staff

List of certified disadvantaged business enterprises

Program implementation details are outlined in the governing administrative codes and statutes: §§ 281.58 and 281.59 and 281.61, Wis. Stat., and chs. NR 162 and 166, Wis. Adm. Code.

In order to meet disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) good faith effort requirements, municipalities and their agents must solicit DBEs that are certified by an agency approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) when procuring construction work, equipment, raw materials or supplies for a project.

Each U.S. state has a unified certification program (UCP) that certifies businesses as disadvantaged under the same requirements as the EPA DBE requirements. Wisconsin's Department of Transportation (WisDOT) has the most readily available list of certified DBEs for projects taking place in Wisconsin. For projects located close to one of the states adjacent to Wisconsin, it may be helpful to search the adjacent state's department of transportation UCP.

Unified certification program websites:






Small Business Administration's Section 8(a) Program

In addition to firms certified by state department of transportation UCPs, EPA recognizes DBEs certified by the Small Business Administration's Section 8(a) Program and by independent private organizations who've received authorization from EPA to certify DBEs.

See the Contract Packet for DBE Compliance for further information. This document includes instructions that apply to ALL municipalities and projects being funded through the Clean Water Fund Program or the Safe Drinking Water Loan Program.

Contact information
For information on this topic, contact:
Meja Maka

Back to Top

Disclaimer of guidance: This document is intended solely as guidance and does not contain any mandatory requirements except where requirements found in statute or administrative rule are referenced. Any regulatory decisions made by the Department of Natural Resources in any matter addressed by this guidance will be made by applying the governing statutes and administrative rules to the relevant facts.

Last revised: Friday May 15 2020