Shooting Range Grant Program
Counties, cities, villages, townships, other governmental agencies or units, clubs or organizations, businesses or corporations and educational institutions can apply for assistance in outdoor shooting range construction, including: backstops and berms, target holders, shooting benches, baffles, protective fencing, signs, trenches, gun racks, platforms, restrooms and other items considered essential for the project by the department. Indoor ranges may be eligible as well, including classroom, storage and restroom facilities.
This grant program is administered as a reimbursement program. This means you must incur and pay all costs associated with the project before seeking reimbursement from WDNR. No grant advances are possible. It is possible for grantees to request partial (quarterly) reimbursements of the WDNR during the life of the project. Please see the Shooting Range Grant Program Guidance and Application Instructions.
**NEW Application Deadlines**
Who can apply
Counties, cities, villages, townships, other governmental agencies or units, clubs or organizations, businesses or corporations and educational institutions can apply for these grants.
- Outdoor range construction, including: backstops and berms, target holders, shooting benches, baffles, protective fencing, signs, trenches, gun racks, platforms, restrooms and other items considered essential for the project by the department.
- Indoor ranges, when it is determined by the department they are needed, including classroom, storage and restroom facilities.
- Construction of clubhouses and facilities not essential to the operation of the shooting range.
- Operation and maintenance of the range.
PUBLIC Shooting Range Grant applications are due on February 15 and September 15 annually.
PRIVATE Shooting Range Grant applications are due on September 15 every two years.
Next due date is September 15, 2018.
Trouble downloading forms? see: Troubleshooting tips
Checklist and Forms for Submitting a Grant Application
All forms, photos, and maps must be complete and submitted with each grant application.
- Shooting Range Development Grant Application (Form 8700-084)
- Shooting Range Grant Program Guidance and Application Instructions
- Authorizing Resolution (sample)
- Environmental Hazards Assessment Form (Form 1800-001)
- W-9 Form
- DUNS #
- "Before" photos of project area
- Map (Google preferred, or plat map) of Project Area with Site Plan – drawn site plan on either google map or DNR mapping program
Checklist and Forms for Submitting Reimbursement Requests
All forms, worksheets, photos, and payment documentation must be complete and submitted with each reimbursement request.
- Grant Payment Request (Form 8700-001)
- Copies of all “Invoices” for items listed on Grant Payment Worksheet (Form 8700-001)
- Copies of all “Proofs of Payment” for items listed on Grant Payment Worksheet (Form 8700-001)
- Grant Partner Financial Data Report (Form 9300-230) - used to capture non-cash match. Must submit a completed copy of this form with every reimbursement request.
- Donated Volunteer Labor Worksheet (Form 8700-349) - used to capture volunteer hours (if applicable)
- Donated Professional Services Worksheet (Form 8700-350) - used to capture professional service donations - must show proof of professional service, i.e.company invoice, letter from company on letterhead, etc. (if applicable)
- Force Account Labor, Equipment and Materials Summary/Worksheets – used to capture municipal funds spent on municipal staff time or for equipment and materials (if applicable)
- Invoice for all donated materials - used as a summary sheet of all materials that were donated. The total on this form can then be transferred as a line item on the Grant Payment Worksheet (Form 8700-002) Please use Forms 8700-349 or 8700-350 for donated labor/services.
- "After" photos of the project area
- Mileage Reimbursement Form
NOTE: All costs incurred must include copies of invoices and proofs of payment. Donated Professional Services and materials shall be determined by market value and be established by an invoice.
- Financial Manual for Local Governments
- Procurement Guide for Local Governments Receiving DNR Grants
- Accessibility Guidance for Grant Funded Projects (CF-031)
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2 CFR Part 200)
- Prevailing wage handout