LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Statewide

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Env. Protection - Management

Env. Protection - Emergency

Env. Protection - Resources

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.


Environmental Loans (EL) Compendium of 2015 revisions to chs. NR 162 & NR 166 Intent to Apply

(ss. NR 162.05 and NR 166.08, Wis. Adm. Code)

This page provides information about the changes DNR made to the Notice of Intent to Apply (ITA) sections of the codes. Please note these substantive changes to the ITA sections.

All ITAs/PERFs must be submitted: online, annually, by October 31

Intent to Apply (ITA) information must now be submitted by October 31 (previously Dec 31) and must be submitted through the on-line system. Instructions for submitting online are available at On-Line System for ITA/PERF Submittals.

Authorization for submittals

The new language in this section clarifies who can sign the Intent to Apply or, with the new on-line system, who can submit an ITA through the on-line system. Any municipal official or any employee of the municipality may submit notice of Intent to Apply through the on-line system.

Authorization certificate

If the municipality chooses to have a consulting engineer submit the ITA information on their behalf, the municipality must fill out and sign an authorization certificate to grant authority to the consulting engineer to access the on-line system for them.

Authorization certificates must be signed by an appropriate, authorized municipal official:

  • administrator,
  • clerk,
  • director of public works (DPW),
  • mayor,
  • president, or
  • other management position associated with the municipality.

Electronic difficulties

If a municipality is unable to access the on-line system or has problems with submitting the ITA through that system, the code allows the municipality to submit a paper Notice of Intent to Apply form.

Contact information
Direct questions about statutes, codes, and policies to:
Jeanne Cargill
Policy coordinator, EL section
Bureau of CFA
For information about a specific loan, contact your project manager:
EL Staff directory - areas of expertise are listed
For EL program information, contact:
Bureau of CFA

Mailing address:
Environmental Loans - CF/2
Dept of Natural Resources
101 S Webster St
PO Box 7921
Madison WI  53707-7921

Back to Top

Last revised: Friday January 15 2016