Becky Creek TMDL
Becky Creek Photo
IW DOCUMENTATION - 2009-2010.
'After a full and complete review, EPA finds that the TMDL for Becky Creek satisfies all of the elements of an approvable TMDL. This document addresses 1 TMDL for 1 waterboy for 1 pollutant addressing 2 impairments from the 2004 Wisconsin 303d list.'
Final TMDL Report. Sediment TMDL for Becky Creek. Initial Draft October 11, 2004. Revised Draft March 29, 2005. Final July 1, 2005.
Monitor or Propose 303(d) Listing
Becky Creek assessment in 2009 included the following components:
- Continuous temperature monitoring at a site upstream of the impaired segment and a site within the impaired segment.
- Fish community surveys of a 300 meter section within the impaired segment, and a 300 meter section upstream of the impaired segment.
- Macroinvertebrate samples at a site upstream of the impaired segment and a site within the impaired segment.
- Stream width and depth measurements of the upper 634 meters of the impaired segment, and an 823 meter segment upstream of the impaired segment.
- A count of woody stems near the streambank in the upper 634 meters of the impaired segment (the formerly pastured area).
- Photos of the stream channel in the impaired segment at 6 locations in 2009 and 2010.
- Streamflow measurements at multiple sites on one date to assess the distribution of groundwater inputs.
Other existing data for Becky Creek was also reviewed and incorporated into this report.
TMDL Approved (USEPA)
TMDL for sediment and temperature was approved in 9/05
In the management plan for the priority watershed project, stream bank pasturing, county and township road maintenance and construction, riparian habitat degradation, upland sediment delivery, manure and nutrient runoff are identified in the watershed plan as sources of pollutants impacting Becky Creek. This information will be used for implementation of the TMDL.