- Contact information
- Questions can be directed to:
- Eric Lobner
Southern district wildlife supervisor
Bureau of Wildlife Management
Deer trustee report implementation
Deer Trustee Report public testimony
- Final Report: Public proposals to implement recommendations from the Deer Trustee Report.
- Initial DTR meeting notes
- Regulation and season structure final report out
- Herd health and Chronic Wasting Disease final report out
- Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP) final report out
- Science and research final report out
- Communications plan and activity summary
- DTR survey
- Implementation structure
- Listen to a DTR radio interview on Dan Small Outdoors with Eric Lobner
- March 9 agenda- DTR implementation process kick-off ;
- April 6 agenda- action teams review background of report;
- April 27 agenda- review survey results and implementation action item development;
- May 18 agenda- continue implementation action item development;
- June 8 agenda- mid-process check in, video ;
- June 29 agenda-continue implementation action item development;
- July 20 agenda- action team report outs, will be live webcasted .
- Watch a short summary of the action teams proposals.
Ask the Deer Trustee Report experts your lingering questions about everything, from Dr. Kroll's 62 recommendations to the progress being made on the action teams. Whether you have a question or a concern, we want to hear it.
Take a look at our previous chats or participate in an upcoming one.
|March 7||12:00 p.m.|
|April 8||12:00 p.m.|
|May 14||6:00 p.m.|
|June 24||12:00 p.m.|
|July 24||12:00 p.m.|
|October 14||12:00 p.m.|
|Eric Lobner||District wildlife supervisor||Coordinator||608-235-0860|
|Tami Ryan||Section chief, wildlife health||Herd Health/Chronic Wasting Disease||608-266-3143|
|Mike Zeckmeister||District wildlife supervisor||Herd Health/Chronic Wasting Disease||715-635-4090|
|Tim Marien||Wildlife health assistant||Herd Health/Chronic Wasting Disease||608-264-6046|
|Jeff Pritzl||District wildlife supervisor||Deer Management Assistance Program||920-662-5127|
|Brad Hutnik||Forest ecologist/silviculturist||Deer Management Assistance Program||608-267-3120|
|Scott Roepke||Assistant big game ecologist||Deer Management Assistance Program||608-261-7588|
|Kevin Wallenfang||Big game ecologist||Regulations & Seasons Structure||608-261-7589|
|Karl Brooks||Deputy chief warden||Regulations & Seasons Structure||608-266-7820|
|Diane Brookbank||Bureau director||Regulations & Seasons Structure||608-267-7799|
|Sam Jonas||Assistant big game ecologist||Regulations & Seasons Structure||608-264-6023|
|Karl Martin||Section chief, wildlife and forestry||Science & Research||608-224-7138|
|Dan Storm||Research scientist||Science & Research||608-221-6334|
Want to give your input on the Deer Trustee Report (DTR) implementation, but unable to attend the meetings, participate in a chat or complete a survey? We encourage you to submit your comments to the DTR Action Teams.
Thank you for participating in the Deer Trustee Report survey. We appreciate the time you took to give your thoughts on Wisconsin's white-tail deer population. The four action teams, regulations and season structure, science and research, Deer Management Assistance Program and herd health and chronic wasting disease, are evaluating the survey results. Currently, they are in the planning and proposal stage of the recommendation process. If you have any questions, submit your comments or feel free to contact any of the action team liaisons. Again, thank you.