- DMAP updates
- Contact information
- For information on the Deer Management Assistance Program, contact:
- Derek Johnson
Assistant big game ecologist
Bureau of Wildlife Management
Deer Management Assistance Program "A partnership for healthy deer and healthy habitat"
2017 DMAP application deadlines
- Level 1: The application period will be continuous and all applications will be automatically accepted for enrollment.
- Levels 2 and 3, and public lands: The 2017 application deadline is March 1, 2017. All applications received following this day will be automatically enrolled at Level 1 until the application can be reviewed for consideration at another level.
The Wisconsin Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP) provides habitat and herd management assistance to landowners interested in managing their property for wildlife.
Having trouble logging in? Click here for log in support.
DMAP program information
The department will assist landowners with implementing forest regeneration and deer hunting practices that will emphasize property goals while considering the ecological and social impacts of white-tailed deer. Participants in Wisconsin DMAP will benefit from the following:
- personal interaction with DNR staff and communication on land and herd management;
- networking with other landowners with common goals;
- written management plan; and
- potential for reduced price antlerless tags.
Levels of enrollment
- Level 1: No acreage requirement, no annual fee.
- Level 2: 160-640 acres (option of cooperatives); $75/3 year commitment.
- Level 3: 640+ acres (option of cooperatives); $150/3 year commitment.
For more information on DMAP and specific offerings at each level, please review the following resources:
- DMAP overview
- Program brochure
- DMAP frequently asked questions
- DMAP for the level one landowner
- DMAP for levels two and three
- Get involved with DMAP
- Healthy deer and healthy habitat
- DMAP on public lands
Having trouble logging into MyDMAP? Click here for log in support [exit DNR]
Enrollment in the Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP) requires a person to create a Web Access Management System (WAMS) account (username and password) with the State of Wisconsin. This one-time account activation will give you direct access to your MyDMAP account in the future. If you are applying as a group cooperative, the WAMS username and password that you create must be shared with all members to allow them access to the cooperative MyDMAP account.
You will need the following information to complete the MyDMAP application:
- mailing address,
- phone number,
- email address,
- DNR customer ID,
- birth date,
- property location: township/range/section.
Sources could include a plat book, tax records and the interactive map provided in MyDMAP
Sections in bold denote important information that is required from each landowner in a group cooperative.
Your privacy is important to us! Please be aware that all collected information will be secured and confidential.