- Contact information
- Questions can be directed to:
- Eric Lobner
Southern district wildlife supervisor
Bureau of Wildlife Management
Deer trustee report implementation
The State of Wisconsin Department of Administration contracted with Dr. James Kroll (Deer Trustee) to conduct an independent review of Wisconsin's deer management practices. The result of this undertaking known as the Deer Trustee Report included over 60 recommendations designed to improve Wisconsin's deer management programs and the hunting experience. After significant effort by the public, the Wisconsin DNR and other partners and stakeholder groups, several rule changes have been made that will go into effect beginning with the 2014 deer hunting seasons.
- Final Deer Trustee Report rule package
- Executive summary
- Deer hunting rule changes for 2014
- Deer hunting rule changes for 2014
- Deer hunting rule changes for 2014: Frequently asked questions
- Deer Trustee Report
- March 9 agenda- DTR implementation process kick-off ;
- April 6 agenda- action teams review background of report;
- April 27 agenda- review survey results and implementation action item development;
- May 18 agenda- continue implementation action item development;
- June 8 agenda- mid-process check in, video ;
- June 29 agenda-continue implementation action item development;
- July 20 agenda- action team report outs, will be
live webcasted .
- Watch a short summary of the action teams proposals.
|Eric Lobner||District wildlife supervisor||Coordinator||608-235-0860|
|Tami Ryan||Section chief, wildlife health||Herd Health/Chronic Wasting Disease||608-266-3143|
|Mike Zeckmeister||District wildlife supervisor||Herd Health/Chronic Wasting Disease||715-635-4090|
|Tim Marien||Wildlife health assistant||Herd Health/Chronic Wasting Disease||608-264-6046|
|Jeff Pritzl||District wildlife supervisor||Deer Management Assistance Program||920-662-5127|
|Brad Hutnik||Forest ecologist/silviculturist||Deer Management Assistance Program||608-267-3120|
|Scott Roepke||Assistant big game ecologist||Deer Management Assistance Program||608-261-7588|
|Kevin Wallenfang||Big game ecologist||Regulations & Seasons Structure||608-261-7589|
|Karl Brooks||Deputy chief warden||Regulations & Seasons Structure||608-266-7820|
|Diane Brookbank||Bureau director||Regulations & Seasons Structure||608-267-7799|
|Sam Jonas||Assistant big game ecologist||Regulations & Seasons Structure||608-264-6023|
|Karl Martin||Section chief, wildlife and forestry||Science & Research||608-224-7138|
|Dan Storm||Research scientist||Science & Research||608-221-6334|
Want to give your input on the Deer Trustee Report (DTR) implementation, but were unable to attend the meetings, participate in a chat or complete a survey? We encourage you to submit your comments to the DTR Action Teams.
Thank you for participating in the Deer Trustee Report survey. We appreciate the time you took to give your thoughts on Wisconsin's white-tail deer population. The four action teams, regulations and season structure, science and research, Deer Management Assistance Program and herd health and chronic wasting disease, evaluated the survey results and developed the Final Deer Trustee Report rule package which was approved by the Natural Resource Board on January 23, 2014, and by the Governor on February 8, 2014. If you have any questions, submit your comments or feel free to contact any of the action team liaisons. Again, thank you.
- Herd Health/Chronic Wasting Disease
- Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP)
- Regulations & Seasons Structure
- Science & Research
Review the progress of each action team's proposals on the deer trustee recommendations.
Final Report: Public proposals to implement recommendations from the Deer Trustee Report.
- Initial DTR meeting notes
- Regulation and season structure final report out
- Herd health and Chronic Wasting Disease final report out
- Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP) final report out
- Science and research final report out
- Communications plan and activity summary
- White-tailed deer trustee final report and recommendations
- DTR survey
- Implementation structure
- Rule development roadmap
- Listen to a DTR radio interview on Dan Small Outdoors with Eric Lobner