- Contact information
- For nursery related questions, contact:
- One of Wisconsin's state nurseries.
Ordering tree and shrub seedlings
Thanks for your interest in purchasing tree seedlings from the Wisconsin State Nursery Program.
Our seedlings are available to all Wisconsin landowners regardless of residence. Trees must be planted in Wisconsin and used only for conservation purposes such as forest products, wildlife habitat and erosion control. State nursery stock may not be resold, used for ornamental, decorative or landscaping purposes, or Christmas tree production.
The minimum order is (a) a packet of at least 300 trees and/or shrubs, (b) 500 shrubs or (c) 1000 trees. Tree and shrub seedlings must be ordered in increments of 100 of each species. Contact the WDNR nursery or call 715-424-3700 with any questions.
Attention 4th grade teachersOrder free seedings online.
To order seedlings
Please follow these steps to order seedlings from the state nursery.
- Contact your local DNR forester for advice on site preparation, species recommendations, availability of equipment rental and a tree planting plan. You should also review our frequently asked questions.
- Check the seedling inventory for current species in stock and use the seedling price list to plan your order.
- To order seedlings, either place your order online or print the tree application form, complete it and mail it with your payment.
- If a desired species is unavailable through the state nursery, you may wish to contact a private nursery.
NOTE: When online ordering closes for the season (January 31, 2014), orders with payment are still accepted by mail and should be sent to Griffith State Nursery.