- Contact information
- For information on this page, contact:
- Matt Rehwald
SWIMS File Manager, Water Resources Specialist
Surface Water Integrated Monitoring System (SWIMS)
Welcome to the Surface Water Integrated Monitoring System (SWIMS), a DNR system that holds chemistry (water, sediment, fish tissue), physical, and biological (macroinvertebrate, aquatic invasives) data, and more. SWIMS is the state´s repository monitoring data for Clean Water Act work and is the source of data sharing through the Water Quality Exchange Network . DNR Fisheries and Water Quality Biologists use the system to locate monitoring stations, store water quality data, and link to fisheries datasets housed at the U.S. Geological Survey. SWIMS is also used by citizen volunteers to store monitoring results for lakes, streams and wetlands.
Access the system
- General non-DNR users log in here with your WAMS ID and Password.
- SWIMS DNRUsers log in here with your WAMS ID and Password.
- Questions? Email Matt Rehwald
- Citizen Lakes Monitoring Network (CLMN)
- Data Entry - use http://dnr.wi.gov/lakes/clmn-data.
- Water Action Volunteers
- DNR Water Monitoring Programs