Water Atlas Data, Webinars & Reports
Learning about Wisconsin's waters
Wisconsin resources ("atlas data") include many thousands of acres and miles of lakes, streams, wetlands, aquifers, and springs. To better understand these resources, Wisconsin DNR has created webinars and Clean Water Act and related reports reflect monitoring, condition and management.
Wisconsin's wealth of resources is described at each 'link' below. Click on the link for details on programs, monitoring and condition status of each water type in the state.
Water quality webinars
Examples and tools to help evaluate trading and adaptive management
Considering adaptive management and water quality trading
Understanding phosphorus rules & management options
- Adaptive Management Basics [3/3/12]
- Phosphorus Discharge Limits [3/3/12]
- Complying with Phosphorus Discharge Limits [3/28/12]
- Water Quality Trading Framework Update [2/10/11]
- Watershed-Based Phosphorus Compliance Strategies, Part 4: SnapPlus P Trade Reports
- Phosphorus MDV webinar (February 27, 2017)
Clean Water Act: Water Quality Report to Congress
- Impaired Waters List Updates, 2014
- Water Quality Report to Congress Webinar 2012
- Water Quality Report to Congress: Impaired Waters & Water Quality Planning [12/05/11]
- Water Quality Management Planning July 2010-11 [07/13/10]
- Water Quailty Report to Congress & Website Overview [12/09]
System requirements PC-based attendees
- Required: Windows7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
- Macintosh-based attendees
- Required: Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
Clean Water Act reports
Wisconsin develops reports to fulfill requirements for Clean Water Act Reporting ('Integrated Reporting') every two years. This extensive process involves monitoring, assessments, and management to help protect and restore water resources. The most recent Clean Water Act (Integrated Report) was prepared for the 2014 reporting period. This report covers monitoring conducted from January 2012 through December 2013.
Water Quality Report to Congress ("Integrated Reports")
- 2014 Report: Assessment Period: 1/12 to 12/13 || 2014 TP Assessments
- 2012 Report: Assessment Period: 1/10 to 12/12
- 2010 Report: Assessment Period: 1/08 to 12/09
- 2008 (January 2006 to December 2007) || CWA Report - 2008 Project Summary
- 2006 Report: Assessment Period: 1/04 to 12/05 || Project Summary
- 2004 Report: Assessment Period 1/02 to 12/03) || Project Summary
- 2002 Report: Assessment Period 1/00 to 12/01) || Project Summary
- 1998 Report (Impaired Waters List Only
Water quality plans
Wisconsin develops water quality management plans to fulfill federal and state requirements, but most importantly, to assess the condition of and determine optimal management actions for water resources of the state. Water Quality Management Plans are available online through 'basin' and 'watershed' webpages.
Water Quality Management Plan updates can be accessed through watershed search and display pages.