Thursday, June 20, 2013 -
- Contact information
- For more information, contact:
- Wisconsin State Trails
Nonmotorized Recreation and Transportation Trails Council
On June 1, 2010, Wisconsin Act 394 created state statutes 15.347 (20) and 23.177 to form a Nonmotorized Recreation and Transportation Trails Council. The council will carry out studies and provide advice and consultation to the legislature, governor, Department of Natural Resources, and Department of Transportation on all matters related to nonmotorized recreation and transportation trails, including trail planning, acquisition, development, maintenance, and management.
The governor has appointed members to the council who participate in nonmotorized trail activities, who participate in organizations that own or maintain nonmotorized trails, or organizations that promote nonmotorized trail activities. Members represent as many as possible of the following groups, represent people who engage in other nonmotorized trail activities, or have other interests related to nonmotorized trail uses.
- People who engage in activities on water trails.
- People who engage in horseback riding and buggy driving.
- People who engage in long−distance hiking.
- People who engage in nature−based activities, such as bird watching, nature study, hunting, and fishing.
- People who engage in snow sports.
- People who engage in bicycling of all forms, including trail riding, mountain biking, commuting, and long−distance bicycling.
- People who represent local forests or parks.
- People with physical disabilities who engage in nonmotorized trail activities.
- People who are interested in tourism promotion.
- People who represent tribal lands.
Following is a list of current appointees and who they represent. All appointees serve at the pleasure of the governor.
|Member positions||Filled by|
|Long-distance hiking/backpacking||Rod Bartlow|
|Long-distance bicycle touring and rail trails||William Hauda|
|Small business owners||Dana Johnson|
|County trail cooperator and Northern Wisconsin||Debbie Peterson|
|Bird watching/nature study/hunting/fishing||David Phillips|
|Bicycling industry||Geoffrey Snudden|
|Trail facility planner||Blake Theisen|
|Nonmotorized snow sports||Ned Zuelsdorff|