- Contact information
- For more information, contact:
- Wisconsin State Parks
Wisconsin State Park System Facility reservation rules
The following rules apply to reservations of shelters, picnic areas, amphitheaters and auditoriums:
- Acceptance dates: Reservations may be submitted in person, by mail or telephone beginning 11 months before the rental date. Some facilities may not be available for reservation during certain parts of the year. Check with the property office.
- How to make reservations: The reservation request must be made on the Facility Reservation Rental Form, if submitted in person or by mail. If calling in a reservation, be ready to provide the information requested on the form. Send or phone all reservations directly to the park where you're reserving the shelter. After selecting the first choice for your shelter on the form, the mailing address will appear in the Park Contact Information box. Mailing addresses for all properties are available online or by calling 608-266-2181.
- Reservation fees: Reservation fees are based on facility amenities and capacity. Fees and facilities are subject to change. Facility fees include:
- Open shelter (no electricity), $40
- Open shelter (electricity included), $45
- Open shelter (electricity, kitchen area included), $55
- Enclosed shelter (no electricity), $70
- Enclosed shelter (electricity included, capacity less than 50), $80
- Enclosed shelter (electricity included, capacity 50 and over), $100
- Amphitheater/auditorium, $10 per hour.
- Does not include the amphitheaters at Rib Mountain and Mirror Lake state parks or the Friends Gathering Space at Rib Mountain. You must use the appropriate forms for those facilities.
- Reservation confirmation: Reservations will not be confirmed until payment is received. Reservation requests which do not include payment will "hold" the facility for 7 days. If payment is not received within 7 days of the request, the facility will once again be made available to others. This application does not guarantee your reservation. The property office will notify you when your reservation has been confirmed.
- Cancellations: Refund requests with 21 or more days notice will be reimbursed 50 percent of the facility rate payment less a $10 reservation fee. Refunds will not be made for cancellation requests received less than 21 days before the facility was to be occupied.
- Vehicle admission stickers:Vehicle admission stickers are required on all motorized vehicles, including caterers and other service providers. The person making the reservation is responsible for informing all guests of the vehicle admission sticker requirement. Stickers may be be purchased upon arrival.
- Reduced rate stickers for large organized groups for day use only: The group rate is $5 per vehicle with a minimum charge per group of $100. The minimum charge is non-refundable. These stickers are valid for vehicles with either Wisconsin or nonresident license plates. The group must contact the property by mail, telephone, or in person at least 7 days in advance.
- Open/close times: The facility may not be occupied before 6 a.m. and must be vacated by 11 p.m. Some properties may have
more restrictive hours due to the location of the facility.
- Parking: The reservation does not ensure parking will be available. An early arrival is recommended.
- Water and toilets: Drinking water and flush toilets may be closed during cold weather. Check the park for facilities available.
- Responsible persons: The person making the reservation is responsible for general cleanup and care of the facility and shall
ensure compliance with all applicable state statues and state park and forest rules. No tents may be set up outside the shelter
without prior approval. No bands or amplified music are allowed.
- Payment: Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express, check or money order payable to Wisconsin DNR.
- Carry in/carry out: Picnic and beach areas no longer have trash or recycling receptacles. All visitors must carry out their garbage and recyclables. Plan your activities to use reusable containers and minimize garbage. Please bring adequate bags/ containers to enable you to take your garbage and recyclables with you.
- Pets: Pets are not allowed in buildings, beach, playground and picnic areas, including shelters. The person making the reservation is responsible for informing all guests of the pet policy.
- Commercial Use: Any person soliciting or collecting funds for a business of any nature or engaging in commercial filming or
photography or providing services for a fee which involves that person's physical presence at the state park, recreation area or
southern forests is required to first obtain a Commercial Use Permit from the manager of the affected state property. Applicants should fill out and submit the Application and Permit (Form 2200-128) directly to the manager of the state property where the commercial activity is to take place (one property per permit) a minimum of two weeks in advance of commencing the commercial activity. A check or money order for $50 must be included with the application - payable to Wisconsin DNR. The person making the reservation is responsible for informing all guests of the commercial use policy.