On a steep ridge overlooking the scenic Kickapoo River Valley, Wildcat Mountain State Park offers hiking trails with spectacular views and camping for families, groups and horseback riders. Canoe the Kickapoo River in your own canoe or rent one in Ontario.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Wildcat Mountain State Park
E13660 State Highway 33, PO Box 99
Ontario WI 54651
Wisconsin State Park System Wildcat Mountain State Park
- The park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
From the north, take State Highway 131 south from Interstate Highway 94 near Tomah about 25 miles to Ontario. From the west, take State Highway 33 east from La Crosse about 39 miles to Ontario. From Ontario, go east on State Highway 33 for 2 miles. The road to the canoe landing and Hemlock Trail will be on your right and the road to the rest of the park will be just ahead on your left. From the east, take State Highway 33 west from Reedsburg about 36 miles to the park. The entrance to the main part of the park will be on your right. From the south, take State Highway 131 north from US Highway 14 at Readstown about 23 miles to County Highway F. Go right (east) on Highway F about 1.5 miles to State Highway 33. Turn left (west) on Highway 33 and go about 0.6 mile to the park entrance, which will be on your right.
- Vehicle admission sticker is required.
- Camping fees for the Wisconsin State Park System.
- State trail pass is required for horseback riders 16 years of age and older.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
Concessions and rental equipment
Canoe rentals are available in the Village of Ontario as well as shuttle service for paddling the Kickapoo River.
- Wildcat Mountain map and hiking trails
- Wildcat Mountain horse trails map
- Cross-country ski trails map
- Family campground map
- Horse campground map
- Group campground map
- Hunting and trapping map
- Kickapoo River, Ontario to La Farge