- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Peninsula State Park
9462 Shore Rd.
Fish Creek, WI 54212
Peninsula State Park Eagle Tower
An in-depth inspection of Eagle Tower was conducted in the spring of 2015 because of its age. The inspection included core sampling to determine the general internal condition of the structural components and overall load-bearing capacity of the structure. The tower inspection report indicated the structure was in poor condition and should be razed. On May 20, 2015 the tower was closed for public use.
Eagle Tower was taken down on Sept. 19, 2016. The Friends of Peninsula State Park and community members are raising funds for the tower's reconstruction. The new tower will comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, current construction codes, and take into consideration new construction technologies.
- Forest Products Laboratory Condition Assessment Letter to DNR
- Eagle Tower Condition Assessment Report
- Peer Review of Observation Tower Report
- Peninsula State Park Eagle Tower deconstruction begins Sept. 19
- Efforts underway to rebuild Peninsula State Park's Eagle Tower
- Peninsula State Park observation tower to close immediately due to safety concerns