Considered Wisconsin's most complete park, Peninsula offers 468 campsites, three group camps, a summer theater, an 18-hole golf coursesand beach, bike trails, a lighthouse and eight miles of Door County shoreline. The rollicking waves that skip towards Peninsula's sky high bluffs are part of the Niagara Escarpment.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Peninsula State Park
9462 Shore Rd.
Fish Creek, WI 54212
Wisconsin State Park System Peninsula State Park
Notice: Peninsula State Park currently is under a Boil/Bottle Water Advisory in South Nicolet Bay Campground and at the Golf Course. As a precautionary measure, please use boiled (water should be heated to a rolling boil for at least one minute before use) or bottled water, or water from another park well, until sampling shows that no bacteria are present. We are working to resolve this problem as soon as possible.
- Peninsula State Park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Take a video tour of Peninsula State Park with the Door County Visitor Bureau.
From Green Bay, take State Highway 57 north toward Sturgeon Bay. From Manitowoc, Take State Highway 42 north toward Sturgeon Bay. Before you get to Sturgeon Bay, Highways 57 and 42 join. Stay on State Highway 42 north to Fish Creek, where the highway turns east (right). Go 0.5 mile farther on Highway 42; the park entrance is on the north (left).
Concessions and rental equipment
The camp store at Nicolet Beach has essential supplies, souvenirs and ice. The snack bar, open during the summer, features pizza, burgers and soft-serve ice cream. Nicolet Beach Concession also rents canoes, kayaks, bicycles, tandems and tagalongs. Rentals are seasonal and weather dependent. Phone: 920-854-9220.
Friends group and volunteering
- The Friends of Peninsula State Park is a nonprofit organization dedicated to making a meaningful contribution toward the preservation and goals of Peninsula State Park. The Friends believe Peninsula contains a unique, spectacular wilderness and shoreline, worthy of any assistance they can provide. The Friends provide volunteer services and financial support for the interpretive, educational, recreational and visitor service programs at Peninsula State Park.
- State park system volunteering opportunities