Considered Wisconsin's most complete park, Peninsula offers 468 campsites, three group camps, a summer theater, an 18-hole golf coursesand beach, bike trails, a lighthouse and eight miles of Door County shoreline. The rollicking waves that skip towards Peninsula's sky high bluffs are part of the Niagara Escarpment.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Peninsula State Park
9462 Shore Rd.
Fish Creek, WI 54212
Wisconsin State Park System Peninsula State Park
Notice: The observation tower located in Peninsula State Park, known as Eagle Tower, will be closed immediately because of structural concerns. At this time, the department has not made any plans to repair or replace the tower. Further study of the inspection report along with the availability of funding will determine the future of the structure.
- Peninsula State Park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Take a video tour of Peninsula State Park with the Door County Visitor Bureau.
From Green Bay, take State Highway 57 north toward Sturgeon Bay. From Manitowoc, Take State Highway 42 north toward Sturgeon Bay. Before you get to Sturgeon Bay, Highways 57 and 42 join. Stay on State Highway 42 north to Fish Creek, where the highway turns east (right). Go 0.5 mile farther on Highway 42; the park entrance is on the north (left).
- Vehicle admission sticker is required.
- Camping fees for the Wisconsin State Park System.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
Concessions and rental equipment
The camp store at Nicolet Beach has essential supplies, souvenirs and ice. The snack bar, open during the summer, features pizza, burgers and soft-serve ice cream. Nicolet Beach Concession also rents canoes, kayaks, bicycles, tandems and tagalongs. Rentals are seasonal and weather dependent. Phone: 920-854-9220.
Friends group and volunteering
- The Friends of Peninsula State Park is a nonprofit organization dedicated to making a meaningful contribution toward the preservation and goals of Peninsula State Park. The Friends believe Peninsula contains a unique, spectacular wilderness and shoreline, worthy of any assistance they can provide. The Friends provide volunteer services and financial support for the interpretive, educational, recreational and visitor service programs at Peninsula State Park.
- State park system volunteering opportunities
- Peninsula State Park summer map
- Peninsula State Park winter map
- 2015 Peninsula State Park Visitor
- Hunting and trapping map
- Nicolet North campground map
- Nicolet South campground map
- Tennison Bay campground map
- Weborg campground map
- Welcker's Point campground map
- Outdoor group camp map