New Glarus Woods is a 435-acre state park offering camping, hiking, picnicking and snowshoeing. The park also offers direct access to The Sugar River State Trail, a 24-mile linear trail surfaced with compressed limestone screenings, for bicycling, hiking, snowmobiling and, in some areas, hunting.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- New Glarus Woods State Park
W5508 CTH NN
New Glarus, WI 53574
Wisconsin State Park System New Glarus Woods State Park
- The park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. The campground is closed for the winter season.
From the Village of New Glarus, take State Highway 69 south two miles to County Highway NN. Turn west on NN to enter the park.
- Vehicle admission sticker is required.
- Camping fees for the Wisconsin State Park System.
- Hunting licenses apply.
Concessions and rental equipment
The Friends of New Glarus Woods State Park offers firewood for sale. Bicycle rental is available in the Village of New Glarus at the Sugar River State Trailhead. Contact the New Glarus Chamber of Commerce for rental and driver information: 800-527-6838.