Newport State Park, northeast of Ellison Bay, is Wisconsin's only formally-designated wilderness park. With 2,373 acres and 11 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline, the park offers quiet alternatives to bustling Door County. Explore 30 miles of hiking trails with hike-in campsites. There are evergreen and hardwood forests, wetlands and upland meadows.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Newport State Park
475 County Highway NP
Ellison Bay WI 54210
Wisconsin State Park System Newport State Park
- Newport State Park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Newport State Park is near the tip of the Door County Peninsula off State Highway 42.
- Vehicle admission sticker is required.
- Camping fees for the Wisconsin State Park System.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.