Located along the lazy Mississippi River and surrounded by the hills of Wisconsin's Coulee Region, the 322-acre Merrick State Park is popular with anglers and boaters. The marshy backwaters are home to a variety of fish, birds, animals and plants. Rising and falling river levels, though controlled some by dams, are part of the natural environment.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Merrick State Park
S2965 State Road 35
P.O. Box 127
Fountain City, WI 54629
Wisconsin State Park System Merrick State Park
- The park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Go about 2.8 miles north from Fountain City or 5.5 miles south from Cochrane on State Highway 35. The park entrance is on the west side of the highway.
- Vehicle admission sticker is required.
- Camping fees for the Wisconsin State Park System.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
Concessions and rental equipment
The Friends Group sells firewood in season. Canoes, including paddles and life jackets, may be rented Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend. Contact the park for rates and equipment.
Friends group and volunteering
- The Merrick TURTLES is a nonprofit organization that raises money for the park, volunteer for projects and sponsor naturalist programs. Contact Merrick State Park for more information or to join the TURTLES.
- State Park System volunteering opportunities