Menominee River State Recreation Area straddles the banks of the scenic Menominee River for several miles in northeast Wisconsin. Canoe the river among towering pines, rock outcrops and falls, or enjoy the other areas of this quiet-use property for primitive camping, hiking, fishing and hunting opportunities.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Menominee River State Park and Recreation Area
Wisconsin State Park SystemMenominee River State Recreation Area
- Menominee River State Recreation Area is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. The southern portion of the property has primitive hiking trails and canoe/walk-in campsites.
The property is located in northeast Marinette County along several miles of the Menominee River. No single road traverses the entire property. The lower property has five maintained access roads with parking areas that connect to town roads. These roads are not plowed in the winter and may be difficult to travel during wet periods of the year. Menominee River State Recreation Area map (entire area)
- Menominee River State Recreation Area map (entire area)
- Lower area property map
- Pemene Falls hiking trail map
- Menominee River State Recreation Area Master Plan. Planning for the property will be done as a joint effort between Wisconsin and Michigan.