This park northeast of Chippewa Falls has more than 1,000 acres of forest and open prairie on a 6,300-acre man-made lake. Lake Wissota State Park offers secluded campsites, hiking, biking and horseback riding trails, picnic and playground areas and a 285-foot swimming beach. Boating, canoeing, kayaking and water skiing are popular summer activities on Lake Wissota.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Lake Wissota State Park
Chippewa Falls WI 54729
Wisconsin State Park System Lake Wissota State Park
- The park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
From Chippewa Falls, take State Highway 178 north to County Highway S. Turn right (east) on Highway S. In about 2 miles, Highway S goes over the Chippewa River where it empties into Lake Wissota. About 500 feet after the bridge, turn right (east) on County Highway O. Go about 2 miles to the park entrance, which will be on your right.
From State Highway 27, about 2 miles north of Cadott turn west on County Highway O. Continue on Highway O about 8.4 miles. The park entrance will be on your left. Geographic coordinates of the park entrance are 44° 58' 51.75" N, 91° 18' 15.32" W.
- Vehicle admission sticker is required.
- State trail pass is required for horseback riders 16 years of age and older.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
Canoes can be rented at the park office from the Friends of Lake Wissota State Park. Canoe, kayak rentals are also available from local vendors. The Friends of Lake Wissota are now selling firewood at the park office. Check with the park office for contact information.
Friends group and volunteering
- Get Outdoors! Nature Programs and Events Calendar
- Wisconsin Explorer Program
- Lake Wissota State Park offers a selection of interpretive programs between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Check at the park office for more information.
- "Wonder Walk" packs may be checked out at the park office. These backpacks are full of activities for children and adults alike to learn more about the nature and environment surrounding Lake Wissota.