Lake Kegonsa State Park offers a natural, peaceful setting beside a glacier-hewed lake. The lake offers swimming, fishing, water-skiing, sailing and motor boating. The lake covers 3,209 acres and is more than 30 feet deep. Park visitors enjoy the lake's excellent fishing. Prairie, forest and marsh habitats offer a variety of camping, hiking, picnicking and skiing opportunities.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Lake Kegonsa State Park
2405 Door Creek Road
Stoughton WI 53589
Wisconsin State Park System Lake Kegonsa State Park
- The park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
From Madison: Take Highway 12/18 east past Interstate 90. Turn right on Highway AB. At the T-intersection (Highway MN), turn left. Turn right on Door Creek Road. The park is at the other end of Door Creek Road on the right hand side. From the Southeast: From Interstate 90, take exit 147 (Highway N - Stoughton and Cottage Grove). Turn left off the exit ramp toward Stoughton. Turn right on Koshkonong Road. At the T-intersection, take a left on Door Creek Road. The park is at the other end of Door Creek Road on the right hand side.
From the Northwest: From Interstate 90, take exit 147 (Highway N - Stoughton and Cottage Grove) off of Interstate 90. Take a right off the exit ramp toward Stoughton. Turn right on Koshkonong Road at the T-intersection, take a left on Door Creek Road. The park is on Door Creek Road on the right side. From Interstate 94: Take exit 244 (Highway N). Take Highway N south toward Stoughton. Go through Cottage Grove. You will pass over Interstate 90. Turn right on Koshkonong Road at the T-intersection, go left on Door Creek Road. The park is on Door Creek Road on the right hand side.
- Vehicle admission sticker is required.
- Camping fees for the Wisconsin State Park System.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
Concessions and rental equipment
A concessionaire sells firewood on all weekends during the camping season and daily during the Memorial Day to Labor Day season. Hours are posted at the office, at the wood shed and on the campground bulletin board.
Friends group and volunteering
- The Friends of Lake Kegonsa State Park assist with special events, present interpretive programs and coordinate volunteer services at the park. If you are interested in becoming a member, contact the park office.
- State Park System volunteering opportunities
- Lake Kegonsa State Park summer map
- Lake Kegonsa State Park winter map
- Campground map
- Hunting and trapping map
- Lake map