High Cliff State Park is the only state-owned recreational area on Lake Winnebago, Wisconsin's largest lake. The park gets its name from the limestone cliff of the Niagara Escarpment, which parallels the eastern shore of Lake Winnebago. The magnificent 12-foot statue of Winnebago Indian Chief Red Bird, standing high on a huge granite rock, overlooks the lake and is a popular destination in the park.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- High Cliff State Park
N7630 State Park Rd
Sherwood WI 54169
Wisconsin State Park System High Cliff State Park
- High Cliff State Park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Park office hours vary by season. From Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend, the park office is open daily 10 a.m.– 8 p.m. (and later on Fridays to accommodate incoming campers). The self-pay station should be used to pay vehicle admission and camping fees when the park office is closed. On occasion, the park office may be closed without notice when staff is working in the field. If you require personal service, call in advance to insure someone will be in the office to assist you.
- The general store museum/nature center is open weekends from Memorial Day through Labor Day, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
High Cliff State Park is on the northeast corner of Lake Winnebago in the town of Sherwood, Wisconsin. Recommended travel routes.
The marina has over 100 slips available for rent. For transient slip rentals, call the marina at 920-989-1349 (Memorial Day through Labor Day). For seasonal slip rentals, contact the Harbor Commission. Slip rentals include the use of the marina shower building.
Concessions and rental equipment
The park's marina offers concessions from Memorial Day through Labor Day and some weekends in the spring and fall as staffing allows. Park visitors may purchase food and beverages, as well as ice and general camping/boating supplies. The General Store and Museum sells candy, snacks, cold beverages, a few camping supplies and Friends of High Cliff merchandise.
Rods, reels and basic tackle are available at the park office through the tackle loaner program. There is no cost to borrow the equipment. You will need to provide your own bait.
Friends group and volunteering
- High Cliff State Park map
- Family campground map
- Group campground map
- Winter park map
- Hunting and trapping map