High Cliff State Park is the only state-owned recreational area on Lake Winnebago, Wisconsin's largest lake. The park gets its name from the limestone cliff of the Niagara Escarpment, which parallels the eastern shore of Lake Winnebago. The magnificent 12-foot statue of Winnebago Indian Chief Red Bird, standing high on a huge granite rock, overlooks the lake and is a popular destination in the park.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- High Cliff State Park
N7630 State Park Rd
Sherwood WI 54169
Wisconsin State Park System High Cliff State Park
- High Cliff State Park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Park office hours vary by season. Labor Day through mid-May, the park office will be open Tuesdays through Sundays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The park office is closed Mondays. A self-pay station is available for vehicle admission and camping fees when the park office is closed.
- The General Store Museum is open Saturdays (and Sundays when volunteers are available) from 1 to 5 p.m., Memorial Day through Labor Day.
High Cliff State Park is on the northeast corner of Lake Winnebago in the town of Sherwood, Wisconsin. Recommended travel routes.
- Vehicle admission sticker is required.
- Camping fees for the Wisconsin State Park System.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
The marina has over 100 slips available for rent. For transient slip rentals, call the marina at 920-858-3343 (Memorial Day through Labor Day). For seasonal slip rentals, contact the Harbor Commission. Slip rentals include the use of the marina shower building.
Concessions and rental equipment
The park's marina offers concessions from Memorial Day through Labor Day and some weekends in the spring and fall as staffing allows. Park visitors may purchase food and beverages, as well as ice and general camping/boating supplies.
Rods, reels and basic tackle are available at the park office through the tackle loaner program. There is no cost to borrow the equipment. You will need to provide your own bait.
Friends group and volunteering
- High Cliff State Park map (summer and winter use)
- Family campground map
- Group campground map
- Hunting and trapping map