This 1,500-acre quiet and friendly natural gem is located near the beautiful spring-fed Chain O'Lakes. Camping, recreation opportunities, the Hellstad House Log Cabin, Whispering Pines day use area, and seven lakes with crystal clear waters make Hartman Creek a popular destination in central Wisconsin.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Hartman Creek State Park
N2480 Hartman Creek Rd.
Waupaca WI 54981-9727
Wisconsin State Park System Hartman Creek State Park
- The park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Hartman Creek is about 1 hour and 15 minutes from Green Bay and about two hours north of Madison. It is west of Waupaca on Hartman Creek Road, south of State Highway 54 and north of State Highway 22. The park straddles the Waupaca-Portage county line. Geographic coordinates are 44° 19' 48.0" N, 89° 12' 50.43" W.
- Vehicle admission sticker is required.
- A state trail pass is required for bikers, horseback riders, and skiers 16 years of age and older.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
Concessions and rental equipment
During the summer months the Hartman Lake Beach Concession offers boat and bike rentals, sales of camping gear and food and drink items. For more information, call 715-254-0247.
Friends group and volunteering
- Hartman Creek summer map
- Hartman Creek winter map
- Campground map
- Singletrack bike trail map
- Hunting and trapping map