Governor Thompson State Park was established in 2000, the Wisconsin State Park System's centennial year. With more than 2,800 acres of woods, a family campground, picnic area on Woods Lake, skiing and hiking trails and six miles of shoreline on the Caldron Falls Flowage, visitors will find an atmosphere that is perfect for solitude, reflection and recreation.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Governor Thompson State Park
N10008 Paust Lane
Crivitz, WI 54114
Wisconsin State Park System Governor Thompson State Park
- Governor Thompson State Park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The office is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during summer.
From Crivitz, travel northwest on County Highway A to County Highway X (four-way stop). Turn left on County Highway X. Continue on Highway X past the High Falls Reservoir bridge and then turn right on Parkway Road. Go north about half a mile on Parkway Road and then turn left on Ranch Road. Go west on Ranch Road about one mile to Paust Lane. Turn right (north) on Paust Lane to enter the park. Geographic coordinates are 45° 19' 11.72" N, 88° 13' 13.7" W.
- Vehicle admission sticker is required.
- Camping fees for the Wisconsin State Park System.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
Friends group and volunteering
- Governor Thompson State Park vegetative management master plan variance
- Park map
- Campground map
- Hunting and trapping map
- Peshtigo River State Forest map