Amnicon Falls State Park features a series of delightful waterfalls and rapids along the Amnicon River. You can view them from a covered foot bridge or trails along the river, orif you're sure-footedfrom the rocky shore of the river. The park is a place to picnic, camp, walk in the woods and learn about the Douglas Fault, the geological formation that created the falls.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Amnicon Falls State Park
4279 South County Highway U
South Range, WI 54874
Wisconsin State Park SystemAmnicon Falls State Park
- Amnicon Falls State Park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Northern Waterfalls at Wisconsin State Parks
Amnicon Falls State Park is about 7 miles east of the Superior city limits in Douglas County. Take US Highway 2/53 to to the southeast out of Superior. From the junction of highways 2 and 53, take US 2 about 1 mile east to County Highway U. Turn left (north) on Highway U and go about 0.3 mile. The park entrance is on the left. Map coordinates are 46° 36' 29" N, 91° 53' 14" W.
- Vehicle admission sticker is required.
- Camping fees for the Wisconsin State Park System.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
Concessions and rental equipment
The Friends of Pattison and Amnicon Falls operate the firewood, soda pop, T-shirt and postcard sales at the park in season.