- Contact information
- For more information about the
Get Outdoors! program, contact:
- Beth Mittermaier
Wisconsin State Park SystemTeachers' Field Trip Guide
You and your students can see, touch, hear and discover the richness of Wisconsin's natural and cultural heritage at education centers all over the state.
Click on a location below to find field trips that are correlated to Model Academic Standards established by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. You will also find the information you need to select a field trip topic and plan your visit.
State parks, forests and recreation areas
- Chippewa Moraine State Recreation Area, New Auburn
- Devil's Lake State Park, Baraboo
- Havenwoods State Forest, Milwaukee
- Kettle Moraine State Forest-Northern Unit, Campbellsport
- Peninsula State Park, Fish Creek
- Richard Bong State Recreation Area, Kansasville
- Whitefish Dunes State Park, Sturgeon Bay
- Willow River State Park, Hudson
Planning a field trip
You must preregister to participate in a guided program at a state park, forest, or education center. You and your students are always welcome to visit state lands on your own, but we recommend you call first to ask questions and let the staff know you are coming.
Follow the links to park and forest web pages to find out about winterized facilities, shelters, bathrooms, trail conditions and accessibility. Staff will send directions, maps and more specific information if you ask.
This teachers' guide was produced under a 2001-2002 grant from the Wisconsin Environmental Education Board. To get more information or comment on this teachers' guide, please contact people listed on the specific park and forest pages.