Wisconsin State Park SystemCandlelight events
Enjoy an evening hike, snowshoe, or ski along a trail lit by the flickering flames of candles or tiki torches. As you make plans for these events, remember:
- Most events are free of charge, but a state park vehicle admission sticker is required unless stated otherwise.
- Events and times may change due to weather and other factors beyond our control; please call ahead. Check at the park office for additional events not listed.
Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Kettle Moraine State Forest-Southern Unit, Eagle, 262-594-6200 or email -
- Candlelight Hike. Hike the Paradise Springs Nature Trail by candlelight under the Strawberry Moon. The full moon on June 23 will be the closest full moon of the year! 8-10 p.m.
Saturday, June 29, 2013
- Roche-A-Cri State Park, Friendship, 608-565-2789
- Candlelight Night Hike. Join us for an evening naturalist program and then hike a 1-mile tiki torch-lit trail. Supported by the Friends of Roche-A-Cri. Meet at the kiosk picnic shelter. 7:30 – 10 p.m.
Saturday, July 13, 2013
- Kohler-Andrae State Park, Sheboygan, 920-451-4080 or email -
- Summer Candlelight Hike. Enjoy a self-guided hike along the beach and wander the sand dunes along the cordwalk. The trail is lit with tiki torches for this annual summer event. Refreshments served at Sanderling Nature Center. Sorry, no pets or strollers allowed on the hike. Free program. Vehicle admission sticker is required. Park at the Sanderling Nature Center or the North Beach parking lots. 8:30-10:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 17, 2013
- Buckhorn State Park, Necedah, 608-565-2789 -
- Candlelight Night Hike. Meet the park naturalist at the amphitheater for an evening program, and hike the 1.4-mile tiki torch-lit trail. Supported by the Friends of Buckhorn State Park. 7:30-10 p.m.
- Whitefish Dunes State Park, Sturgeon Bay, 920-823-2400 or email -
- Candlelight Walk. As the sun sets, enjoy a walk along the sandy beach and through the forested dunes. Stroll along the dunes, forest and beach as they awaken for the night. Join the Door Peninsular Astronomical Society for a special on-the-beach viewing and explanation of the sky through telescopes. The shelter building will be welcoming visitors with refreshments. Supported by the Friends of Whitefish Dunes. 7:30-9:30 p.m.