Wisconsin State Park SystemCandlelight events
Enjoy an evening hike, snowshoe, or ski along a trail lit by the flickering flames of candles or tiki torches. As you make plans for these events, remember:
- Most events are free of charge, but a state park vehicle admission sticker is required unless stated otherwise.
- Events and times may change due to weather and other factors beyond our control; please call ahead. Check at the park office for additional events not listed.
Saturday, July 12, 2014
- Summer Candlelight Hike. Enjoy a self-guided hike along the beach and wander the sand dunes along the cordwalk. The trail is lit with tiki torches for this annual summer event. Refreshments served at Sanderling Nature Center. Sorry, no pets or strollers allowed on the hike. Free program. Park at Sanderling Nature Center or North Beach lots. 8:30-10:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 16, 2014
- Whitefish Dunes Candlelight Walk. Join the Friends of Whitefish Dunes for a night of candlelight fun. Enjoy a hike along the shoreline and through the forested dunes. Refreshments available at the shelter building and great sales on Friends merchandise in the nature center. 7:30-9:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 20, 2014
- After Summer Candlelight Hike. Enjoy a candlelight stroll down the beach or trails to celebrate the changing of the seasons. Roast a marshmallow or hot dog at the campfire and enjoy a cup of cocoa, cider, or coffee at the Welcome Center. Please, no pets at this event. Sponsored by the Friends of Harrington Beach State Park (exit DNR). Ansay Welcome Center. 6-9 p.m.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
- Halloween Hike. For all those little (and not so little) ghosts, goblins, and princesses, we have a SPOOK-TACULAR Halloween Hike! Join us for pumpkin carving, costume contests, and hiking along the torchlit "Haunted" and "Unhaunted" Trails. We will have refreshments. Sponsored by the Friends of Harrington Beach State Park (exit DNR). Ansay Welcome Center. 6-9 p.m.