Friends of Peninsula State Park at a Work Play Earth Day event.
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Friends of WI State Parks
P.O. Box 7921
Madison WI 53707-7921
Wisconsin State Park System Friends of Wisconsin State Parks
What is a friends group?
A friends group is a group of people who have an interest in Wisconsin’s natural resources and who volunteer their time, services and support in order to enhance Wisconsin's state parks and forests.
What do friends groups do?
Every year friends groups provide thousands of volunteer hours to help support the mission and activities of more than 70 Wisconsin state parks, forests, trails, and recreation areas. Friends members:
- serve as campground hosts, visitor center hosts, naturalists and nature center hosts, adopt a trail volunteers, and assist with other special projects at the property;
- raise money to purchase playground equipment, interpretive displays, signs, shelters, kiosks, educational materials, and more;
- organize annual park cleanups and regular trail work days;
- plan and help with special events including Candlelight nights, Community campfires, festivals/concerts, educational programs and other special events;
- provide and assist with concessions; and
- assist with the construction of trails, shelters and accessible cabins, birdhouses, and more.
Join a friends group
The Friends of Wisconsin State Parks welcomes the support of individuals and businesses who share a commitment to conserving, protecting, and enhancing the natural and recreational areas of our state. Help keep Wisconsin's parks and forests places that all can enjoy, forever. By becoming a member of a friends group, you can support conservation and education in Wisconsin’s State parks, forests and recreation areas. If you're interested in becoming a friend of a particular property, please see the list of official friends groups:
What does the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks do?
Believing that each generation is responsible for leaving behind a better legacy of conservation, the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks was created to preserve, protect, promote and enhance Wisconsin’s state parks, forests, trails and recreation areas. Friends of Wisconsin State Parks is a non-profit umbrella organization supporting over 70 friends groups around the state. FWSP provides technical support, sponsors events such as Work*Play*Earth Day, an annual Volunteer Jamboree, photography contest, and Gold Seal and HERO awards. It also provides grant opportunities for the state parks. For more information, please see: