- Contact information
- For information, contact:
Red Cedar State Trail
921 Brickyard Road
Menomonie WI 54751
Red Cedar State Trail Current conditions
Conditions as of Wednesday, January 7, 2015:
The ski trail is packed but not tracked for classical skiing; more snow is needed.
The Red Cedar State Trail is groomed for cross country skiing between Menomonie and Downsville. Please refrain from walking, snowshoeing, biking or bringing pets on the ski trail when snow covered.
There are numerous city, county, and state properties that allow these activities such as:
- Red Cedar State Trail south of Downsville
- Menomin Park
- Bjornson Education Center
- Nearby state wildlife areas such as Dunnville and Muddy Creek
- Hoffman Hills Recreation Area
The Red Cedar State Trail is also available for snowmobiling from County Road Y to the junction of the Chippewa River State Trail, which connects up to the trails in Pepin and Eau Claire Counties. Please call or check the following websites for trail openings/closings:
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Report
- Dunn County Snowmobile Trails Hotline: (715) 664-7669
- Eau Claire County Trails: ECCOsnow.org
- Pepin County Trails: (715) 672-7669
Skiers 16 years or older must buy a state trail pass before using the trail. Trail users may buy trail passes at the self-registration stations in Menomonie or in Downsville if no trail attendant is present.
Please report any downed trees, washouts or any other problems to the trail manager at 715-232-1242.
Restrooms and drinking fountain in Downsville are closed for the season.
There are still several Bald Eagles around the Red Cedar River to see.
The Depot Visitor Center is closed for the season.
See the DNR events calendar for a list of events at all state parks.