LRP - Licenses

LRP - Regulations

LRP - Permits

Recreation - Everyone

Recreation - Trapping

Recreation - Fishing

Recreation - Hunting

Education - Everyone

Education - Kids

Education - Educators

To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

a Wisconsin state park, forest, recreation area or trail.
Camping opportunities
in state parks and forests.
How to buy
a vehicle admission sticker or state trail pass.
Get Outdoors!
to attend a nature program or event with family and friends.
Contact information
For information, contact:
Peninsula State Park
9462 Shore Rd.
Fish Creek, WI 54212
Phone: 920-868-3258

Peninsula State Park Current conditions

Conditions as of Thursday, February 4, 2016:


Cross-country ski trails: The Yellow, Red, Green, Blue, and Purple loops are in good condition. Sections of the Orange and White loops may be icy.

A state trail pass is required for all cross-country skiers age 16 years and older in addition to a vehicle admission sticker.

Sledding hill: The sledding hill is OPEN.

Snowmobiling: Snowmobile trails in the park are open when Door County snowmobile trails are open. For more information, see the Door County snowmobiling webpage [exit DNR].

White Cedar Nature Center

The Nature Center is closed during the week and will be open on Saturdays in February from noon to 3 p.m., with additional hours as staffing permits. Peninsula naturalists offer nature programs year-round.

See the DNR Events Calendar for a complete list of events at Peninsula and other state parks.

Observation tower: The observation tower located in Peninsula State Park, known as Eagle Tower, is closed because of structural concerns. At this time, the department has not made any plans to repair or replace the tower. Further study of the inspection report along with the availability of funding will determine the future of the structure. See the Eagle Tower web page for more information.

Timber harvest: The timber harvest has ended for the season and will resume in late October 2016. Loggers will be selectively thinning a number of conifer plantations and removing Scotch pine on a variety of small parcels throughout Peninsula State Park. Learn more in a letter to park neighbors and visitors [PDF] and see a map of where logging operations will take place [PDF] in the park.


Tennison Bay campground is open during winter. Vault toilets and water supply are available in the campground. Showers, flush facilities, the dump station and the wood yard are closed until May.

Don't move firewood!

Don't move firewood!Due to the potential of carrying harmful tree pests and diseases, Wisconsin has restrictions for moving firewood.

All campers, including those with reservations, must register/check-in at the park office before setting up camp. The park office opens at 8 a.m. daily, hours vary based on staffing levels. If the park office is closed, there is self-registration available at the kiosk across from the office. Remember, you may not set up a campsite between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m.

During camping season firewood is available at the wood yard on Bluff Road for $6 a bundle.

More information

A vehicle admission sticker is required year-round. When the park office is closed, use the self-registration pay kiosk to buy admission stickers. Any annual sticker purchases will be mailed to you. If you self-register for an annual sticker please submit a check with your address or print legibly on the envelope for accurate mailing.

Last revised: Thursday February 04 2016