- 2012 List Updates for the Yahara Lakes
Read the proposed updates for the Year 2012 Impaired Waters List for the Yahara Chain of Lakes
Wisconsin’s 2012 Impaired Waters List
Every two years, Section 303(d) of the Clean Water Act requires states to publish a list of all waters that are not meeting water quality standards.
The existing Impaired Waters List includes more than 700 rivers, streams and lakes. In the draft 2012 list, updates include 147 new waters to the list. The primary pollutants are total phosphorus, mercury and total suspended solids. Twenty-eight waters are being proposed for delisting including three streams that have been successfully restored: German Valley Branch in Dane County and Eagle and Joos Valley Creeks in Buffalo County.
2012 Impaired Waters List Submittal to U.S. EPA
Wisconsin’s revised 2012 impaired waters list was submitted to U.S. EPA on August 28, 2013 in fulfillment of federal reporting requirements under Sections 303(d) of the Clean Water Act. This revised 2012 list is an addendum to the Integrated Report submitted to U.S. EPA in April, 2012.
- 2012 Impaired Waters List Submittal Letter to U.S. EPA [PDF]
- Attachment A: Wisconsin’s Final Draft 2012 Impaired Waters List [XLS]
- Attachment B: Documentation reports for 303(d) listing modifications [ZIP]
- Attachment C: Final 2012 Wisconsin Consolidated Assessment & Listing Methodology (WisCALM) [PDF]
- Attachment D: Draft 2014 WisCALM (Dated May, 2013) used in the reassessment of waters proposed for impaired waters listing category 5P [PDF]
- Attachment E: Materials from second and third public comment periods, including: a) public notice and website content, b) list of commenters, c) public comments and WDNR’s responses [ZIP]
- Contact information
- For questions and comments about the Impaired Waters List contact:
- Aaron Larson