Hunting incident reports
The Department of Natural Resources compiles annual reports on hunting incident statistics. These reports contain information regarding type of firearm involved, location of incident, species hunted and numerous other factors involved with hunting incidents.
Hunting incident synopses
Hunting incident synopses provide a snap shot of each hunting incident that occurred during that year.
Hunting incident annual reports
Reporting a hunting incident
A "reportable" hunting incident is any incident in which a person has been injured or killed by discharge of a firearm or arrow while hunting, fishing or trapping.
Wisconsin law requires a person who, while hunting, fishing, or trapping, discharges a firearm or arrow, and injures or kills another person, to do the following:
- provide his/her name and address to the other person;
- render assistance to the other person;
- obtain immediate medical or hospital care; and
- report the accident without delay to law enforcement officials.
- Contact information
- For questions or information on safety programs: