Burning Restrictions and Fire Activity
If you don’t see a state map, please call 1-888-WIS-BURN (947-2876) or try our legacy Flash-based map instead.
Click a county on the map to view today’s burning restrictions and fire danger.
Be sure to have your written and signed annual burn permit prior to burning.
Not sure if your burn location falls within DNR protection areas? For a more detailed look, click the + zoom button in the top left of the map at least three times (zoom out: - button).
- Fire Report Date:
- Fire Name:
- Total Acres Burned:
- General Cause:
- Structures Threatened:
- Structures Saved:
- Structures Lost:
Click on a fire point on the map to view more information about that fire.
This map displays all fires that were reported today. If there were none then no fire points will show.
to use the map
for more information
regarding fire danger.
These signs display the current fire danger rating at many Ranger Stations throughout the state.
Questions about burning? Contact a DNR fire control dispatch office .
- Concerned about burning safely? Here are a few simple tips! Safe & Responsible Burning (publication FR-551-2015)
- Learn about other ways to prevent wildfires. Preventing Wildfires (publication FR-547)
- Fire conditions change daily. Visit the National Weather Service Daily Fire Weather Briefing
- Let's face it...burning is unsafe, unhealthy and a nuisance. Find alternatives to burning!
- Subscribe to receive Burn Permits and Fire Danger News