Subscribe to receive email updates on a variety of fish, fishing and fisheries topics.
- Making fishing better
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Fisheries Management
Fishing WisconsinFishing regulations
Fishing regulations are used as a tool to ensure good fishing exists into the future. The Department has used different types of fishing regulations to:
Easy fishing! We've made it easier to figure out what fishing regulations are on your favorite lake! Our searchable Guide to Wisconsin hook and line fishing regulations lets you search by inland lakes, by lake name or county and includes an interactive map. Give it a try and fish on...Wisconsin.
- Guide to Wisconsin hook & line fishing regulations, 2017-2018
- Guide to Wisconsin trout fishing regulations, 2017-2018
- Ceded territory walleye regulations -
- Guide to Wisconsin spearing, netting, and bait harvest regulations, 2017-2018
- Winnebago system sturgeon spearing regulations & information 2017
- Guide to Wisconsin setline, set or bank pole regulations, 2017-2018
- Clamming regulations
- Total daily bag limit
People can fish year-round on some waters and for some species, but regulations set more limited open seasons for certain species and waters. Check our fishing seasons calendar as the seasons do not coincide with the calendar year.
A current fishing license for 2017-2018 season is required on April 1st, 2017.