- Related links
- Contact information
- For information on cleanup of environmental contamination, contact:
- Michael Prager
Remediation and Redevelopment Program
Selecting an environmental consultant
Site investigations and cleanup procedures can be complex, time consuming and costly. It is important to select a qualified environmental consultant to perform the tasks required to thoroughly investigate and clean up your contamination.
A competent and experienced consultant can also help you explore redevelopment options for your property, and ensure that you have information about possible financial assistance.
- Selecting an Environmental Consultant (RR-502)
- Environmental Services Contractor List (RR-024) - Self identified environmental consultants. This is not a certification or registration list. To be added to this list, please contact Duane Klein.
- PECFA Registered Consulting Firms (RR-993)
- PECFA Registered Consultants (RR-994)
- Information from the American Council of Engineering Companies regarding Qualifications Based Selection (QBS)
- Ch. NR 712, Wis. Adm. Code, provides the personnel qualifications that any person working on an environmental response action, from the initial investigation to the final cleanup, must meet.
- As of November 1, 2013, the definition of "hydrogeologist" will be modified. In addition to the existing educational requirements, a hydrogeolgist will also need to be registered as a geologist or licensed as a hydrologist with the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services.
- Chapter NR 712.09, Wis. Adm. Code, provides information to consultants on the appropriate certification statement to usefor submittals to the department.
Summary of NR 712
|Environmental Response Action||NR 712 Minimum Personnel Qualification Requirements|
|Phase I and Phase II Environmental Assessment||All Phase I and Phase II Environmental Assessments submitted to the department must be prepared under the supervision of a professional engineer, hydrogeologist or scientist.|
|Sampling for immediate and interim actions - not involving treatment or engineering controls||
|Sampling for interim actions involving treatment or engineering controls, and remedial actions||Working under the supervision of a Professional Engineer (P.E.), Hydrogeologist or Scientist:
|Soil boring logs||Graduate of an accredited institution of higher education with a major in an appropriate science or engineering specialty.|
|Submittals for:||NR 712 Minimum Personnel Qualification Requirements|
|Free Product Removal to address groundwater contamination||Prepared under the supervision of a P.E. and a Hydrogeologist|
|Response actions (not including groundwater)||Prepared under the supervision of a P.E.|
|Assessments of groundwater conditions||Prepared under the supervision of a Hydrogeologist|