- Contact Information
Snowmobile/ATV operations program associate
Trail grant manager
ATV operation in Wisconsin
When used safely and wisely, an all-terrain vehicle can provide a source of fun and family recreation as well as a useful tool for work and exploring the outdoors. When used unwisely by untrained, inexperienced operators, ATVs can be dangerous. It is the responsibility of all ATV operators to make the sport a safe one.
- Never consume alcohol or drugs before or during ATV operation. Consuming alcohol or drugs is a factor in more than 40 percent of all ATV-related fatalities.
- Wear your helmet! It could save your life.
- Travel at a speed appropriate for the terrain, visibility conditions, and your experience.
- ATVs are designed for off-road use. Operate an ATV on designated trails which may include public roads. See the entire rules booklet for further guidance and then check with your local officials for exceptions.
- Don't exceed manufacturer's passenger or weight limits.
- Wear protective clothing, including: helmet, eye protection, boots, gloves, long pants, and a long sleeved shirt or jacket.