Electronic reporting of private water samples
The DNR requires that all private water sample test results following well construction or pump work be reported electronically to the DNR.
Well drillers and pump installers typically collect the water sample and have it analyzed at a certified laboratory. Laboratories are responsible for submitting the results directly to DNR.
- To become a laboratory with an agreement to submit private water test results, sign and return the lab agreement to DNR.
- To request initial access to the system, please see Switchboard Registration.
- Logon to submit test results or access other DNR applications using Switchboard.
- Basic instructions for laboratories for keying test results.
The following are required forms for private well samples:
- Pump Work Water Test Request Form (3300-265) for new pump installation and pump work on an existing well.
- First Water Quality Test Form (3300-77A) for first water sample after new well construction.
» Test results from property transfer well inspection samples are not required to be submitted to DNR.