how Wisconsin protects waterways by holding them in trust for everyone to enjoy.
the permits you need for your waterfront property projects.
about the permit process that protects public waters.

Waterway protectionContacts

Use the regional map if your question is

  • What is the permit process?
  • Where do I send my permit application?
  • How long does it take to get a permit?

Use the county map if your question is

  • What specific permits will I need?
  • How do I modify my pier to comply with the new legislation?

Don't have Flash player? Click here for a text version of the Wisconsin Regional Map OR Click here for a text version of the Wisconsin County Map.

The FASTEST way to contact our staff with a question is to use the Regional or County maps to go to an email request form which will be received and answered as soon as possible.

You may also click here to get the names of the staff contact for your area. You may then use the main DNR Staff Directory search by name page to get the phone number for the WMS County Contact person that is listed. We ask you use the search page because that has the most current contact information for our staff.

Last revised: Thursday October 31 2013