Northern Highland American Legion State ForestCampground availability
Get the iPhone app!
Have an iPhone and want complete NHAL state forest trail and campground information? Download our iPhone app and connect today!
- Swimming beach.
- Paved bike trail runs past campground. The Northern Highland American Legion State Forest also has several mountain bike trails.
- Hiking trail on site. The Northern Highland American Legion State Forest has five nature trails and seven designated hiking trails.
- Shower building. Anyone registered to camp on any of the forest's campgrounds may use these facilities.
- Flush toilets. All family campgrounds and group campgrounds have vault toilets. Remote reservable and canoe sites have wilderness pit latrines. In addition four campgrounds have flush toilets.
- Faucets with potable water available in these campgrounds. All family and group campgrounds have handpumped water. Clear lake remote reservable campsites have handpumped water close by.
- Dump station.
- No gas powered motors allowed on these lakes. Cunard, Day and Starrett Lakes do allow electric motors at slow no wake speeds.
- Firewood is sold at this location.
- Contact information
- For more information about this page, contact:
- Rosy Richter
Recreation Specialist, Visitor Services Associate