- Contact information
- For information about the Permit Primer, contact:
- For information about the Small Business Environmental Assistance Program, contact:
- Small Business Hotline
Toll free: 855-889-3021
Permit Primer navigation tips
At the top of each page the topic will be clearly identified. You will also find a link at the top of the page that will return you to the first page of the program topic.
Right margin links
On every page in the Permit Primer, you will find a list of helpful links in the right margin.
- Click on "Start Permit Primer" whenever you want to return to the beginning of the Primer.
- Click on "Find applicable codes and statutes" from this list.
- Click on "Learn about pollution prevention" for more information about waste reduction, recycling, case studies and more.
- Some topics will have "Topic related links" which will guide you to other DNR web pages or websites that will have additional information. "Definitions" and "FAQ" (frequently asked questions) are also conveniently found in this area for each topic.
Look for definitions on complex words or phrases along with frequently asked questions and answers.
Whenever you see this clock image you will find out when your permit or plan needs to be completed.
Look for permit fee information when you see the green dollar sign.
More navigation help
The most efficient way to navigate the primer is to use the buttons at the bottom of each page. If there are no buttons and you wish to return to a previous page, please use your browser's back arrow to return to the primer.
Some pages have a show/hide feature. Clicking on "Show" will expand the information and clicking on "Hide" will minimize it.
Clicking on words with a dashed underline will display a definition of that word.
Pollution prevention saves! - Whenever you see this heading, it indicates a link to pollution prevention ideas. Recycling, green chemistry or product substitution often can conserve natural resources, limit exposure to your employees and save you money.