- Business resources
- Contact us early!
When you start to plan a new business or expansion, contact DNR right away. Many businesses have found this saves time and money.
- Contact information
- Tom Nowakowski
Sector development specialist
Working together to create clean energy and green economic growth.
The energy sector includes both public and private enterprises representing conventional and renewable energy sources, generation technologies, transmission system/distribution systems and fuel suppliers located in Wisconsin and extending into the Midwest.
The impact of Wisconsin’s energy sector spans broadly across our state's economy - from fossil fuel-fired power generation, gas and electric transmission and distribution, to renewable energy sources including solar, wind, hydropower and Wisconsin-grown biofuels.
We anticipate focusing on how state, local and federal governments and the private sector can work to make wise investments in order to fuel economic recovery and job growth in Wisconsin.
To address the multi-disciplinary nature of statewide energy issues, we’ve assembled a resource team that includes:
- Ben Callan - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Ed Jepsen - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Shari Koslowsky - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Megan Levy - Wisconsin State Energy Office
- Dennis Mack - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Tom Nowakowski - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Sara Walling - Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection