Open burning publications
This is a partial list of publications related to open burning. Other resources may be available.
- Burn Barrel & Burn Pile Information (FR-357)
- Burning Garbage: A Problem for our Communities (WA-1373)
- Don't Burn Agricultural Plastics (WA-1592)
- Open Burning Quiz (CE-7021)
- Preventing Wildlifes (FR-547)
- Recycling & Waste Reduction Publications (WA-1512)
- Safe and Responsible Burning (FR-551)
- Watch Your Ashes, Watch Your Sparks (FR-471)
- Critter Condos: Managing Dead Wood for Wildlife (WM-222)
- Rabbitat: Brush Piles for Wildlife (WM-221)
The DNR developed the following model ordinance to help Wisconsin counties, cities, villages and towns adopt their own local regulations on outdoor burning and burning of refuse.
- Guidance on the Emergency Management of Debris Resulting from Natural Disasters or Planned Demolition Activities (WA-601) - Describes procedures for burning debris as a result of natural disaster.
UW Extension publications
U.S. EPA publications and reports
- Backyard burning - U.S. EPA
- Open Burning Vol III: Chapter 16
- Evaluation of Emissions from the Open Burning of Land - Clearing Debris
- Evaluation of Emissions from the Open Burning of Household Waste in Barrels: Volume 1: Technical Report
- Evaluation of Emissions from the Open Burning of Household waste in Barrels: Volume 2: Appendices A - G
- AP-42, Vol. I, CH 2.5: Open Burning Materials