- Contact information
- DNR invasive species staff
Aquatic and wetland
- Aquatic Invasive Species Handbook
Comprehensive handbook that covers all aspects of invasive species education. Eight chapters highlight the National Perspective, Wisconsin Statewide Programs, Designing Educational Programs, Case Studies-Citizens Taking Action, Species Specific Information, and Steps to Prevent the Spread of Aquatic Invasive Species. A comprehensive list of aquatic invasive species resources are also available at the site listed above and on the CD that accompanies the handbook.
- Aquatic invasive species publications catalog
A list of FREE aquatic invasive species publications.
- Regulated Aquatic Invasive Plants in Wisconsin
This is a picture reference of the 16 aquatic plants regulated by NR 40. It includes prohibited and restricted species.
- 2010-2012 Wisconsin Aquatic Invasive Species Progress Report
- 2010-2011 Wisconsin Aquatic Invasive Species Progress Report: Prevent... Contain... Control...
- 2009-2010 Wisconsin Aquatic Invasive Species Progress Report, Prevent... Contain... Control...
- 2007-08 Report to the Legislature on Aquatic Invasive Species
- Wisconsin's Comprehensive Management Plan To Prevent Further Introductions and Control Existing Populations of Aquatic Invasive Species
- Terrestrial Invasive Plant Publication Catalog - This list includes PDFs for wild cards, species specific brochures, A Field Guide to Terrestrial Invasive Plants in Wisconsin and information on how to order print publications.
- Additional Regulated Invasive Plants in WI - These terrestrial and wetland plant species were added to the NR40, Wisconsin’s Invasive Species Rule, in May 2015.
- So What's the Trouble with Worms?
Articles & Factsheets
- An Invasion Beaten by Eatin'?
August 1998 issue of Wisconsin Natural Resources Magazine on purple loosestrife biocontrol.
- America's Least Wanted: Alien Species Invasions of U.S. Ecosystems
Booklet includes a 'Dirty Dozen' gallery of twelve of our nation's most damaging invasive species. Publication focuses on the harm they bring to 'Hard-Hit Ecosystems.' Produced by The Nature Conservancy. 1996. Contact: The Nature Conservancy 703-841-5300.
- Black Locust Fact Sheet
- Burned by Wild Parsnip
June 1999 issue of Wisconsin Natural Resources Magazine
- Grappling with the green giant: Reed canary grass
August 2000 issue of Wisconsin Natural Resources Magazine
- A Guide to the Control and Management of Invasive Phragmites
- Homeowner’s Guide to Japanese Knotweed Control
- Japanese Barberry Management Guide
- Wild parsnip II
June 2000 issue of Wisconsin Natural Resources Magazine
Invasive Plant Control and Restoration Resources