- Contact information
- DNR invasive species staff
Invasive species education
Aquatic education resources
Guides and free publications
- Aquatic Invasive Species Handbook
Comprehensive handbook that covers all aspects of invasive species education. Eight chapters highlight the National Perspective, Wisconsin Statewide Programs, Designing Educational Programs, Case Studies-Citizens Taking Action, Species Specific Information, and Steps to Prevent the Spread of Aquatic Invasive Species. A comprehensive list of aquatic invasive species resources are also available at the site listed above and on the CD that accompanies the handbook.
- Aquatic Invasive Species- A Guide for Proactive and Reactive Management
This guidebook will provide useful information to lake organizations, conservation groups, municipal governments, and others for the management of aquatic invasive species.
- Aquatic invasive species publications catalogue
A list of FREE aquatic invasive species publications.
To explore how music can help prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species, Environmental Communication Specialist for UW Extension and Assistant Professor in the Department of Life Sciences Communication, Bret Shaw, worked with a group of singer/songwriters to produce these songs to help prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species in Wisconsin and beyond.
Videos and DVDs
- Defending Favorite Place Video
- Stopping Aquatic Hitchhikers DVD
7 minute overview of aquatic invasive species in Wisconsin. To order contact
Jon Fischer, 608-261-6450, DNRAISinfo@wisconsin.gov
Terrestrial education resources
- A Field Guide to Terrestrial Invasive Plants in Wisconsin This field guide has been developed to provide ID and control information for terrestrial invasive plants. Printed copies will be available in late spring 2010, but feel free to download and print off now; just click on the image.
- Common Terrestrial Invasive Plants in Wisconsin This is a quick picture reference for the 32 most common terrestrial invasive species in Wisconsin. Print it off and hand it out at your next work party or informational meeting.