- Contact information
- DNR forest health staff
Gypsy moth spray notification sign-up
Sign up to receive email notification of suppression spray activity.
If you sign up for these email notifications you will receive 1) emails about spray treatments during gypsy moth spray season in Wisconsin and 2) a few other messages per year with seasonal tips for managing gypsy moth populations on your property. Follow the directions at the link below to subscribe. When your subscription is complete you will receive an email confirmation. What to expect when subscribing:
- First, you'll be asked to enter your email address and click the "go" button. (If you are already subscribed to other DNR related news and alerts, your subscription to gypsy moth spray notification emails will be complete at this point).
- Next, you may be asked to confirm the email address and be offered other options regarding your subscription such as a secondary email address, the ability to receive notices wirelessly, and a choice of preference as to how often you receive the emails. Please know that no matter what you choose on the subscription preferences page we will not be sending wireless alerts and you will receive gypsy moth email notices daily or as updates are made during gypsy moth spray season (usually May through June). These email notices will have information on all Wisconsin counties where gypsy moth spraying is being done.
- Finally, you may be directed to the DNR Quick Subscribe page where you can choose other DNR related news and alerts to subscribe to if you wish.
- When you no longer want to receive gypsy moth spray notices, look for the link to "manage your DNR subscriptions" near the bottom of the emails you've received. You can unsubscribe at that link.
- your name and your telephone number;
- the address and county of the property affected by gypsy moth;
- a brief description of the property (number of total acres, number of wooded acres, proximity to your neighbors, etc.); and
- a brief description of the gypsy moth activity you have been seeing on the property or in the area. Be as specific as possible.
Emails are checked frequently and will be answered as soon as possible.