- Making fishing better
- Contact information
- For information, contact:
- Fisheries Management
Fishing Wisconsin Inland trout and Great Lakes salmon and trout stamp contests
New this year! Youth contest for grades 9-12
A Wisconsin tradition returns (again).
The Inland Trout Stamp and Great Lakes Salmon and Trout Stamp contests will be returning again and this time as a youth contest! The fisheries program first conducted the Inland Trout Stamp contest in 1978 followed by the Great Lakes Salmon and Trout Stamp contest in 1982. Over 70 Wisconsin artists participated in these first trout and salmon stamp contests. Over the next 30 years or so, the number of entries gradually declined to the point that the contests were discontinued in 2010, to the disappointment of many. After careful consideration and weighing the pros and cons, the fisheries program decided to revive the contests last year. Review the 2017 contest results.
Inland Trout and Salmon and Trout stamps are available for purchase.
2018 Inland trout and Great Lakes salmon and trout stamp contest materials
Changes to the stamp contests include:
- Youth contests – applicants must be in grades 9-12 or equivalent
- Post and share all entries in an online gallery.
- Use public, online voting to narrow down the selections
- Mid-March 2017 – Press release announcing the upcoming stamp design contests
- Beginning of July 2017 – deadline to submit artwork
- End of July 2017 – judging of the contests
Sharpen your pencils, load your brushes and enter the 2018 stamp contests.